I had some time last summer after I quit my job and all. Most people probably start lookin for a new job, but not me. I decided to bake. I baked cookies. Cakes. Brownies. Southern food. I tried it all.
You wouldn't believe the amount of time you have in the day when you don't work. It's amazin. While I was on my summer vacation of 2010 I made these brownies. I perfected these suckers for weeks. After searching through different recipes I created my own and tweaked it and changed it and added things and ate. (You also have a lot of time to work out when you don't have a job.)
The one consistent thing about these brownies? Everytime I baked them, I got a date. Not sayin the dates were good...not sayin the dates were bad...I just seem to get dates when I passed these suckers out.
Now I call them my man-gettin brownies. And now I've stopped bakin them. Summer time is comin and I don't want to be all settled down.
Point is - whether you need a man, want a man, prayin for a man, or tryin to keep your man, you should get to the kitchen and get to cookin.
Also, please note that I have removed the letter 'g' from each of my words. It adds to the 'man-gettin.'
(Terrible picture. I know.)
1 Cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup of butter
½ cup of miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 Tbsp. vanilla
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together 1 cup flower and the brown sugar. Cut in the ½ cup of butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the ½ cup chocolate pieces. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 8 min.
- While your pan is baking, next, grab a large bowl and stir together granulated sugar, ¾ cup flour, the cocoa powder baking powder and salt. Add the eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Beat my hand until smooth. Sir in the ½ cup of chocolate pieces.
- Once your bottom crust is done, carefully pour in mixture over.
- Bake 40 min.
- Once done, let cool then life brownies out on pan by lifting up the foil.
- Cut into small, medium or large pieces and enjoy!
- Report back to me once the men start callin.