In the winter, one of my favorite things to make are roasted vegetables. It's easy, fast cleanup, and delicious.
The vegetables that I used...
Red potatoes, onion, white mushrooms and red bell pepper
Good mix of hearty and healthy
The dressing couldn't be any easier and more than likely things you already have in your pantry.
Hopefully you aren't almost out of balsamic vinegar like I am.
Step 1. Cut up your red potatoes.
For roasted veggies, you better be prepared to chop.
Next, rinse off your mushrooms and throw them into your 13x9 pan with the cut up potatoes.
Chop up your onion, and toss that in as well.
I use a whole onion, but if you wanted less you could use half.
That's the best part about this recipe, you just throw in whatever you like.
Now, you also cut up the red bell pepper and throw that in as well, but I was having cutting/photography issues and didn't capture that moment. (Apologies)
Now for the 'dressing'
Couldn't be simpler.
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon of thyme
1 teaspoon of rosemary
Mix it all up and ...
Toss it around in your veggies
Put your oven on 400 degrees and roast those veggies away.
Now, you'll notice that I haven't added the tomatoes yet, that's because I like to add
those at the end about 5-7 minutes before they vegetables are done. I still like them whole, and if you leave them in too long they seem to get mushy to me.
Oh my goodness...
tomatoes, you will be good to go.
I should just apologize now for how hard it is to not pick at the food, especially the mushrooms.
Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 6-9 medium sized red potatoes
- 1 carton of whole white mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 - 1 chopped onion (preference)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut up the red potatoes, red bell pepper, and onion and add to a 13x9 inch baking pan
- Add mushrooms to the pan
- Mix ingredients for the 'dressing' and pour over vegetables and toss vegetables to evenly coat
- Place 13x9 pan into oven for about 35-40 minutes, then add cherry tomatoes
- After the tomatoes are heated through remove roasted vegetables
- Let cool and enjoy!