There hasn't been a lot of time lately to cook ... or blog for that matter. Luckily for me graduate school is only a couple of days for being over for good. In the past few weeks I have tried a couple of new things, including this herb-roasted chicken. It's was easy and delicious.
All you need is love.
And a chicken. lemon. onion. rosemary leaves. thyme leaves. and fresh rosemary.
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
Always season with salt and pepper.
Mix a tablespoon of dried thyme and dried rosemary together.
Coat all over the chicken.
Squeeze half/whole lemon over the chicken.
Next, take a sprig of rosemary and a small onion and cut it up.
Then insert the onion, rosemary, and fill the half of the lemon that you use with garlic, and insert all into the chicken. This keeps the garlic IN the chicken.
Look at your chicken.
Put the little fella in the oven.
Roast, baby, roast!
Once you remove the chicken, let him rest. He's had a busy few minutes.
After a few minutes, it's time for dinner!
Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 1 half to whole lemon
- 1 small onion
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap your chicken and wash under cold water. Remove the giblets and toss. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken in roasting pan
- Salt and pepper chicken
- Mix dried thyme and rosemary and coat chicken with the herbs
- Squeeze a half/whole lemon over the chicken
- Cup up a small onion, and fill the cavity with onion, sprig of rosemary, and half a lemon filled with the minced garlic
- Place in oven for an hour to and hour and half, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees internal temp.