Yesterday, I was running around all crazy like, to SAMs, Kroger, Sonic (because who can run around town without a Cherry Coke?), and so forth.
My friend Annie was having a super bowl party which I already committed to making salsa, but at the last minute I thought to make these, too.
Basically, because I really wanted them.
I had around 20 jalapenos that I washed and halved on a
baking sheet that had been sprayed with Pam.
See. Like this. They all look so eager.
In a pan, brown about 3 oz of hot sausage.
(Which is like half of a Jimmy Dean sausage thing.)
8 ounces of cream cheese.
I used reduced fat. It seems like the right thing to do.
The even better thing would have been to use the regular.
Once the sausage is cooled, add it to the cream cheese and mix.
I cannot tell a lie. I used my hand. It was easier.
Gooey. But easy.
Once the sausage and cream cheese is all mixed,
take a spoon (or your hand) and fill in the jalapenos
with the mixture.
Top them all with shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 F degrees for about 15 minutes
or until the cheese has melted.
And there you go.
Now pop them in your mouth and pray that you don't
get a spicy jalapeno and not have anything to drink .
4-Ingredient Jalapeno Sausage and Cream Cheese Poppers
- 20 or so whole jalapenos
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 3 ounces of cooked sausage (spicy if you can handle it.)
- 1/4 of a cup of shredded cheese
- Cook the sausage in a skillet until it has browned
- Wash, halve and de-seed the jalapenos
- Place halved jalapenos on a sprayed cookie sheet
- After the sausage has browned and cooled, add to the cream cheese and mix.
- Once it's mixed, add the mixture to fill the halved jalapenos.
- Top the filled jalapenos with cheese.
- Place in pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Plate and eat!